Thursday, January 12, 2012

Hi guys,
Hope everyone's week is going well! So, my baby showers are rapidly approaching. One of my very best friends is throwing me one in Maine and the theme of it is going to be the movie "Waitress" which involves cuteness, pregnancy and my favorite: PIE! Her and her amazing mother have planned this extravaganza and they're even making me a waitress apron which is extra exciting! This will take place in march so I could possibly be as big as a house by then hahah! Right now though I literally have at least one person comment on how "tiny" I am EVERYDAY! It's ok I guess but 1. It's the equivalent of people constantly rubbin my belly whenever they feel like it and/or 2. People probably assume I party a little too hard and now have a major pooch/gut. But in the long run I'm def happy I haven't blown up like a beached whale as well as knowing that my son is growing at the rate he's supposed to be. Baller.

So this morning I read yesterday's horoscope. I thought i'd share: Aries Jan 11 2012
You are standing on the precipice of a big change, Aries. You are not afraid of change, but you could be a bit nervous about where this new path will lead you. You know it's time to move beyond what you have accepted in your life - you want more for yourself and for your loved ones too. You could be apprehensive because you may have had more than your fair share of difficulties toward the end of 2011. But your outlook is far better than you realize. Embrace the changes you face, because they will bring you to a happier, more stable place.
--
Fuckin NUTS because yesterday I definitely got a call from my case worker informing me that my housing voucher is ready for pick up and that I will be in an apartment by next month! Just in time for my Boston baby shower which is going to be so exciting because 1. Kollin and his family will be meeting my family for the first time 2. Wendy (my stepmom) is an amazing party planner 3. Ill be surrounded by awesome people anddd I get to wear this new bubble skirt I got for cheapy cheap at my favoritest store in Maine called "Marden's". P sure everyone should go there at least once in their life jussayin.

I've been thinking about all the things I want in my apt and all the images I wanna surround my baby with. First things first, I will definitely have a picture of Princess Diana and Lucille Ball in my house. But I would also like some beautiful images of Costa Rica, influential black figures, native american figures etc. I just remember being a little kid and seeing all the awesome pictures my dad had on the wall. I loved that and the smell of incense constatly burning (his hippie genes have mos def been passed down).

This week two friends of mine had their baby (as well as Beyonce hahah) and so I'm getting even morrrre excited for my BamBam! He's been givin me crazy heartburn and I finally realized that he clearly doesn't approve of anything with marinara in it (which is fine with me). This morning I was thinking about how much family he's gonna have. Even though my biological mom isn't here (I think about that often especially now that I'm having my first child which is a boy which is what she first had) I have three wonderful mother figures who love me and that is such a blessing. I have Wendy my step mom, Susan my adopted mom and Eloisa my west coast mom...beautiful, strong and influential women who have shaped me into the person I am today and I'm soooo excited for my son to meet them. All his friends will be jealous cuz he has FOUR (including kollin's mom) instead of 2 :-)! Also all his aunts and uncles! Like, my best friend Jovy (Eloisa's son). He's great with kids and I know he'll be baller with mine.

Oh, so yesterday my adorable friend Courtney showed me a letter she got from her adorable boyfriend Andrew which said "tell Imani good luck with her baby!" Cutest thing EVER! I died.

Well, today is the day I pick up my voucher and get all the info I need to finally get my apt. I've whittled it down to two different ones close to my parentals because I'm not ashamed to say that I enjoy living close to them especially because I spent almost 3 years away. I cherish that shyt! Both places have a pool and a gym. I don't really care about that but it's mos def a plus. The rooms are big and the kitchens are spacious and I'm all for that! Also now two of my bffs Alfine and Jill can now come visit! Alfine is bam's godmother who lives in Maine. Jill lives in Va and I'm her son tucker's godmother.  We haven't seen eachother in over 2 years and therefore I have never physically held Tucky :-( but that's allll about to change. I will probably weep with joy upon seeing her beautiful freckled face hahah!

As always, here's some pics. The first one is of my Jilleesa and her baller freckles (I miss her so much). The second one is of adorable tucker. I can't wait to squeeze his cheeks and love him up.

Have a great day all
Ciao ciao,
Imani



1 comment:

  1. Wow this such a great article and the tips are very comprehensive. For sure many entrepreneurs with small and big businesses are going to benefit from this. Keep it up!


    Princess Party Planner

    ReplyDelete